Shared Hosting Services Explanation
A shared hosting service includes keeping and/or sharing given content on a web server handled by a shared hosting vendor. There are various types of hosting services used for various goals, so let's review these. In that way, you can conclude what you need, on the basis of whether you desire to establish a website, e-mailbox accounts, or to share files with chums and colleagues.
1 website hosted
30-Day Free Trial
Unlimited websites hosted
30-Day Free Trial
- File hosting: a service furnished by various companies, which permits you to share immense files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single aim is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a record of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting packages often involve adverts beside the download links, while a timer makes you await a particular period of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file storage package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel web hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud shared hosting". This is a totally awry interpretation of the real denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud shared hosting platform would apportion the load between independent sets of servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending different shared hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, web hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a variety of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud shared hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; given distributors offer a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting type is appropriate if you wish to share an enormous amount of pics with chums or colleagues since the service is commonly free of charge. You will obtain a random link for each pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for websites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to managing your e-mail address accounts. Some firms offer shared hosting services for web pages, but do not supply an e-mail solution. If you wish to run an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to run a website, then the e-mail shared hosting service is what you require. You can set up mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domain name. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a specific video file, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of availing of this method in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video file creates a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video files and a few hundred visitors, you may have difficulty with your shared hosting reserves. Embedding the video will allow you to operate as many videos as you would like without hassling about system reserves.
- Shared hosting: this is the service that you need if you would like to own a website. To a certain extent, it contains all of the aforesaid hosting kinds since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and email mailbox accounts, upload video files, and so on. At Grab Bag Hosting you can take a peek at shared shared hosting and dedicated server services that permit you to have all of the aforesaid services in one single place. There may be limitations based on the type of shared hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a virtual private servers or a dedicated server. Based on that, your shared hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the routine e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are planned for particular content only.